According to the announcement IRCC made on 27 June 2023, the limit on the duration of the study programs temporary foreign workers are allowed to enroll in without a study permit will be removed.
Subscribe to Visa & Immigration News
Want the latest and greatest from our blog straight to your inbox? Chuck us your details and get a sweet weekly email.
As a result, temporary foreign workers with a valid work permit or a pending work permit extension as of 7 June 2023 will be able to seek additional training, education, and learning opportunities. Moreover, eligible applicants can pursue a full-time or part-time course until their work permits are valid without any restriction on the duration of the study program. This is a three-year temporary policy, after which it will likely expire.
Keep in mind that international workers will still require a study permit if they hope to pursue education for a longer period than the validity of their work permit.
Click here to read the full details of the announcement.
We hope you found this information helpful. Follow our blogs for the latest updates and informative content on Canadian immigration.
- Work Permit For Family Of Canada Temporary Foreign Workers
- Canada Opens Doors To Tech Talent From Around The World
- Canada Work Visa Options For Overseas Students
- TFWP: IRCC Considers A New Processing Method For Temporary Work Permits
- Exciting Changes To Hourly Pay For Temporary Foreign Worker Program