Canada Work Visa Options For Overseas Students
Were your dreams of seeking employment in the US crushed because you couldn’t secure a US work visa? Overseas students have several Canada work visa options, allowing them to work for Canadian employers without any difficulties.
This blog highlights different Canadian immigration pathways for overseas students.
Canadian Immigration Pathways For International Students
Let’s look at the Canada work visa options and different immigration pathways for international students interested in seeking employment and pursuing education in Canada.
Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP):
In this, students can build an Express Entry profile and participate in the EE Draws, provided they fulfill all the eligibility requirements.
Post-Graduate Work Permit (PGWP):
Students can migrate to Canada on a study permit to learn a new course and apply for a PGWP to seek employment.
Global Talent Stream (GTS):
This is specifically useful for Indian students who are unable to receive an H-1B visa.
The Global Talent Stream falls under the Temporary Foreign Worker Program (TFWP). It allows Canadian employers to hire international workers to fill the vacant spots of skill and labour shortages visa work permits. Needless to say, the GTS is a highly favourable immigration pathway for international workers and employers.
- More Occupations Are Now Eligible For Express Entry
- IRCC Issued Record-Breaking Numbers Of Canada Work Permits In 2023
- Top 5 Canadian Companies Offering Sponsorship To International Workers
- How To Obtain A Canadian Work Visa Using Your High School Diploma?
- IRCC Extends Work Permit Policy Until 2025
Canadian Experience Class (CEC):
Students can qualify for permanent residency via this program if they complete at least a year of post-secondary education at a Canadian institute.
The Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) is another immigration pathway for overseas students.
Provincial Nominee Program (PNP):
This is a provincial immigration program led by the Canadian provinces that nominate candidates for permanent residence (PR) under the PNP.
Student Direct Stream (SDS):
The SDS is also an immigration pathway for overseas students interested in pursuing education in Canada. Under this stream, students enjoy expedited processing time, along with other benefits.
Eligibility Criteria To Study In Canada
Here are the eligibility requirements overseas students must fulfill to study in Canada.
- The student must have an acceptance letter from any one of the Designated Learning Institutions (DLI)
- Proof of availability of enough funds to finance education in Canada
- Criminal clearance certificate
- Medical certificate
- Proof of proficiency in the English language
- A Statement of purpose (SOP)
We hope you found this information helpful. Follow our blogs for the latest updates and informative content on Canadian immigration.