Did you know that New South Wales is facing a shortage of skilled workers? That is the reason the government is welcoming skilled workers to Australia. If you’re a skilled worker, then this blog is for you.
- How NSW plans to solve the skill shortage
- Understand the Migration Program
- NSW’s New Strategy
- The Evaluation Criteria
Subscribe to Visa & Immigration News
Want the latest and greatest from our blog straight to your inbox? Chuck us your details and get a sweet weekly email.
Solving the Skills Shortage in NSW
New South Wales (NSW) is attending to its skill gap issue by inviting skilled professionals in various sectors to apply for PR in Australia. These sectors include:
This move aims to fill important roles while enhancing the state’s workforce, and it is also a part of the 2023-24 migration programme.
Comprehending the Migration Programme
In the following three visa categories, nomination allocation is offered by NSW’s migration program:
- Skilled – Nominated (subclass 190)
- Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) (subclass 491)
- Business Innovation and Investment Program (BIIP)
For the current fiscal year, around 4,150 visa slots have been secured by NSW, the largest allocation compared to every Australian state and territory.
A Strategy Focused On The Sector
NSW has stepped ahead of the traditional Skilled Occupation List and adopted a new strategy that is sector-focused. This means the state will be prioritising certain sectors that can help with skills shortages instead of only relying on the occupation list. Even though there are certain sectors that are prioritised, high-ranking Expressions of Interest (EOI) from other non-priority sectors are taken into consideration too.
The following factors play a vital role when EOIs are being evaluated:
- Points score
- English language proficiency
- Skilled work experience
Offshore and onshore applicants are welcome to apply, including professionals in:
If you’re one of the many who want to get hold of an Australian PR? Well, NSW’s latest plans, which are aimed at attracting Australian skilled workers, this might just be the perfect chance for you.
We hope you find this information helpful. Follow our blogs for the latest updates and informative content on Australian immigration.
- Latest Australia Immigration News The Quest For Australian Citizenship And Nationality
- Latest On Australian Immigration: Doors Open For Skilled Talent
- Why Is Australia Still A Heaven For International Students?
- Why Is Gaining Permanent Residency In Australia Relatively Easy?
- South Australia 2023–24 General Skilled Migration Program Now Open
- Pathway To PR After 2 Years?