There are various pathways to getting a Permanent Residency (PR) in Australia. Many say that this is a challenging process, but comparatively, it’s quite straightforward. If you want to make your Australian aspirations come true, then this blog is for you.
Subscribe to Visa & Immigration News
Want the latest and greatest from our blog straight to your inbox? Chuck us your details and get a sweet weekly email.
Primary Routes for an Australian PR Visa
There are four primary routes that Australia offers you for permanent residency:
- The skilled stream permanent visa
- The family stream permanent visa
- The business or investor stream permanent visa
- The work stream permanent visa
Each visa has its own standard of eligibility. The complexity of the PR acquisition process depends on the visa you are applying for.
Australian PR Perks
Once the PR status is granted, you can enjoy various privileges that are provided to citizens, including:
- Potential eligibility for Australian citizenship
- Access to Medicare
- Local public education for children
- Permanent employment opportunities
- Work rights in New Zealand Property purchase at local tax rates
Even when the PR process is easy, it raises concern about the visa’s value. An inrush of permanent migrants can heavily impact resources such as:
As Australia is already facing housing challenges, how will it handle the growing population? Stay tuned to learn more.
Was this blog helpful? Sign up for our newsletter, and you can stay updated on the latest Australian immigration news.