Are you trying to get PR in Australia? We’ve got amazing news for you. In this blog, we bring you an update about a new proposed 2-year route to PR, which was announced earlier this year.
The new pathway is to be introduced by the end of 2023. It has been proposed by the government for applicants who transition through:
- The Subclass 186
- Employer Nominated Scheme
- Temporary Resident Transition Stream
Subscribe to Visa & Immigration News
Want the latest and greatest from our blog straight to your inbox? Chuck us your details and get a sweet weekly email.
As this visa is already effective, the changes can be implemented faster by the government. However, some different requirements make things difficult.
But, according to the newly proposed stream:
- On the 482 visa, applicants will get PR in only 2 years.
- Will get access to any occupation on STSOL or MLTSSL
- Access will be available anywhere in Australia
- Will require pay at least above the new TSMIT of $70,000
- Must be competent in English (IELTS 6-inch band)
- Nomination by the current employer for the 482 visa is needed.
How Can You Prepare For These Changes?
- Make sure you have competent English.
- Make sure that you have full-time work experience of 2 years on the 482. Make sure that you got the correct salary as stipulated on the contract of 482.
- Ensure that your employer is still capable of nominating you for the 186. (Eg – they have the financial capacity to continue to employ you moving into the future.
- Ensure the competency of your employer to nominate you for the 186. Which means they must have the financial capacity to continue to employ you in the future.
What Are The Costs?
- 186 Nomination $540 + $3,000 or $5,000 Skilling Australia Levy
- 186 Visa Charge: the main application costs $4640, and $2320 for secondary applicants
Please note that the information we’ve provided is general in nature. Fees for your application may differ depending on your situation.
We hope you found this information helpful. Follow our blogs for the latest updates and informative content on Australian immigration.
- Build Your Future: Pursuing A Masters Degree In Australia
- How To Become An Australian Citizen: A Concise Outline Of The Process
- A Major Crackdown On Those Abusing Australia’s Migration System
- Impact On Australian Cities And Regions From Major Changes!
- Australia Hikes Proof Of Finance For Student Visa Applications