More Occupations Are Now Eligible For Express Entry
Canada just opened its Federal Skilled Worker or FSW program of the Express Entry system for teacher assistants of elementary and secondary schools, hoping that it would prove significantly helpful in solving the country’s growing shortage of labour.
This change became imminent on 16 November last year since that was the day when Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada, or IRCC, expanded the eligible occupations list under the FSW program by adding 16 new jobs.
It should be noted that the eligible occupations list under the FSW program was expanded on the same day when the National Occupational Classification 2021, also known as NOC 2021, became effective at the IRCC to 359.
Moreover, the newly added jobs demand workers to have a college diploma, more than six months of training at a workplace, or an apprenticeship training of fewer than two years.
Here’s a complete list of newly added jobs that were made eligible under the FSW program;
- NOC 13102 Payroll administrators
- NOC 33100 Dental assistants and dental laboratory assistants
- NOC 33102 Nurse aides, orderlies and patient service associates
- NOC 33103 Pharmacy technical assistants and pharmacy assistants
- NOC 43100 Elementary and secondary school teacher assistants
- NOC 43200 Sheriffs and bailiffs
- NOC 43201 Correctional service officers
- NOC 43202 By-law enforcement and other regulatory officers
- NOC 63211 Estheticians, electrologists and related occupations
- NOC 73200 Residential and commercial installers and servicers
- NOC 73202 Pest controllers and fumigators
- NOC 73209 Other repairers and servicers
- NOC 73300 Transport truck drivers
- NOC 73301 Bus drivers, subway operators and other transit operators
- NOC 73400 Heavy equipment operators
- NOC 93200 Aircraft assemblers and aircraft assembly inspectors
For those who don’t know, teacher assistants are responsible for helping teachers and counsellors with a variety of tasks, including teaching, non-instructional duties, and more. They may also help teachers with behaviour management in the class.
You may visit the official website of the Government of Canada for more information.