Dental Assistants Can Now Immigrate To Canada Through Express Entry ~ CIC 2023
Good News! Dental Assistants Are Now Eligible for Canadian Immigration
Foreign-trained dental assistants are now eligible for Canadian immigration under the Federal Skilled Worker Program, also known as FSWP, of the Express Entry System.
Foreign dental assistants became eligible for Canadian immigration under this program on 16 November last year, when IRCC or Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada made changes to its list of eligible occupations in the worker immigration program. 16 new jobs were added to that list by IRCC.
The list of eligible occupations as per the FSWP was changed on the same day the National Occupational Classification or NOC 2021 became effective.
The occupations added to the list are the ones that require workers to acquire a college diploma and get training under a mentor for less than two years or gather job experience of more than six months.
Here’s a list of 16 new jobs that were made eligible for Canadian immigration under the FSWP;
- NOC 13102 Payroll administrators
- NOC 33100 Dental assistants and dental laboratory assistants
- NOC 33102 Nurse aides, orderlies and patient service associates
- NOC 33103 Pharmacy technical assistants and pharmacy assistants
- NOC 43100 Elementary and secondary school teacher assistants
- NOC 43200 Sheriffs and bailiffs
- NOC 43201 Correctional service officers
- NOC 43202 By-law enforcement and other regulatory officers
- NOC 63211 Estheticians, electrologists and related occupations
- NOC 73200 Residential and commercial installers and servicers
- NOC 73202 Pest controllers and fumigators
- NOC 73209 Other repairers and servicers
- NOC 73300 Transport truck drivers
- NOC 73301 Bus drivers, subway operators and other transit operators
- NOC 73400 Heavy equipment operators
- NOC 93200 Aircraft assemblers and aircraft assembly inspectors
There is a high demand for dental assistants, dental therapists, and dental hygienists who can examine and treat patients while performing clerical duties in dental offices in Canada.
In case you are wondering, a dental hygienist is tasked with sterilizing and maintaining dental instruments, preparing them for treatment, conducting X-rays, applying sealant and fluoride to the teeth, and polishing them. They also have to look after dental materials, such as fillings, compounds, and more. Moreover, they are supposed to take preliminary impressions to build diagnostic casts.
In addition to this, dental hygienists are also responsible for taking and recording vital signs. Plus, they have to remove sutures and apply desensitizing agents, anti-cariogenic agents, anesthetics, and coronal whitening. Applying and removing rubber dams and fabricating, placing, and removing temporary crowns are all part of the job description of a dental hygienist.
This is the end of today’s blog update. We hope you found this blog useful. Please don’t forget to support us by subscribing to our newsletter and sharing this blog with your friends and family on Facebook, Whatsapp, and Twitter.
One thought on “Dental Assistants Can Now Immigrate To Canada Through Express Entry ~ CIC 2023”