Is Speeding-Up The Immigration & Visa Process Possible?
Our Blog update for today will be discussing the possibilities of speeding up your visa or immigration process in Canada.
Although there is no straightforward process, there are a few steps you could consider to boost the application processing time. Bear in mind that with the current condition of the IRRC, most of its offices are not operating at full capacity. Therefore, it is possible that you could still face considerable delays.
Your Application Quality Could Make A Difference
When applying, ensure that you follow all the guidelines and present a complete package.
You could consider the following steps to avoid delays due to your application’s quality.
- Carefully read and follow the IRCC guidelines.
- Ensure the forms are complete and error-free.
- Your forms and documents must not contradict your prior applications, or you could be given a procedural fairness letter (PFL).
- Do not submit challenging-to-read PDF files or low-resolution images.
- Correctly sort the documents.
- Respond to the officer’s queries quickly and carefully.
- If material facts concerning your application shift, quickly inform the officer with supporting documents.
Requesting the speed up of your application process:
You may ask an officer directly to quicken the processing of your immigration or visa application. However, it would help if you considered the following:
- Only make such requests if there are considerable delays.
- Enclose any supporting documents that could facilitate the officer.
- Proof of the humanitarian grounds for the request
- Supporting letter from a healthcare provider
- Supporting letters from family, friends, professionals, or businesses
You could submit your request via the IRCC web form. Requesting the officer’s notes is not a method to speed up the process of visa or immigration.
However, in limited circumstances, it could trigger the system or offer you a better picture of your application status.
Is It Possible For A Member of Parliament (MP) to Escalate the Application Processing?
The straightforward answer is no. However, certain MPs have dedicated staff to track the status of immigration cases. They could even convey the humanitarian elements of your request to the authorities.
What is A Mandamus?
The writ of mandamus, or simply mandamus, is a Federal Court order to immigration officers to compel the performance of their duty. You could hire an immigration lawyer to file for a writ of mandamus. However, you should regard the following:
- Only Canadian lawyers can assist you with this matter.
- Do not hire an immigration consultant paralegal.
- Your case may be only valid if the delays in processing your visa or immigration application are significant.
- Also, consider that hiring a lawyer and proceeding with this process costs money and time.