A Guide To Apply For A Work Permit
Our today’s blog will be discussing the steps to acquire a Canadian Work Permit.
Living and working in Canada is a dream for a lot of people. The best way to turn your dream into reality is by acquiring a work permit. Here we provide you with a guideline you can follow to make your process easier.
1. Know Which Work Visa Is Good For You
When applying for a Canadian work permit, one critical point is knowing which work visa suits you. Whether you require an open work visa or the employer-specific work visa. You do not need a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) for an open work permit, and it is not employer-specific. The employer-specific work permit allows the employee to work by following specific requirements stated on the visa.
The programs that help you to get an open work visa are as follows:
- Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP): This permits students who have studied in Canada at a Designated Learning Institution (DLI) to apply for an open work visa.
- Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program Spousal Permit: If you are married to a candidate of the Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program, then you will qualify for an open work permit.
The programs that will help you to get an employer-specific work permit are as follows:
Agricultural Stream: The employer is bound to pay for your travel from your home country to Canada and your return. This pathway will permit you to work overseas for up to 24 months. You will also get additional advantages such as health insurance, housing and transportation.
Global Talent Stream (GTS): This program was initiated by the Canadian government to permit highly-skilled foreign workers to expand the Canadian workforce.
2. Eligibility To Move To Canada
There are specific conditions you will have to fulfill before you can apply for a visa which are as follows:
- Funds for settlement
- No criminal record
- Taking a medical exam
- Providing any document that is requested
- Providing proof that you will leave Canada when your visa expires
Applying For Your Work Visa
How many forms you are required to fill out is determined by your country of origin. Once you have submitted the forms, you can apply and file them online through Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
This is the end of today’s blog update. We hope you found this blog useful. Please don’t forget to support us by subscribing to our newsletter and sharing this blog with your friends and family on Facebook, Whatsapp, and Twitter.