The Federal Government is prepared to protect workers who could be exploited by taking different measures to target employers looking to exploit temporary visa holders. The government will ensure workers can speak freely without worrying about reprisal. Recent reports have suggested that one in six migrants to Australia earns less than the minimum wage.
What’s important to note here is that worker exploitation has far greater setbacks. It pushes down wages and worsens the working conditions for all Australian workers.
The Federal Government is taking steps to clean up the mess created by the former Opposition Government after neglecting the situation for a decade. The Opposition Government previously failed to adopt primary recommendations in the Migrant Workers Taskforce Report.
We hope you found this information helpful. Follow our blogs for the latest updates and informative content on Australian immigration.
- Australia Announces The Easiest Pathway To Citizenship
- Australian Universities Ban International Students Following A Rise In Visa Fraud
- Australian Universities Crackdown On Fraudulent Student Visa Applications
- Do This If Your Australian Citizenship Application Is Rejected
- Australia Unexpectedly Approves Pending Student Visa Applications