Planning to take a trip to Australia, or maybe meet your friends and family? Then you must get to know everything about the Australian Visitor Visa (Subclass 600). In this blog, we’ll take you through all the information you need so that you have a smooth trip to Australia.
The Australian Visitor Visa (Subclass 600) is a temporary visa and is designed for the following individuals:
- Business visitors
- Visit family and friends
In order to have a smooth and easy application process, it is important to learn and understand the various streams and requirements for this type of visa.
A Diverse Set of Visa Streams
There are five unique visa streams that the Subclass 600 Visa offers:
- Tourist Visa Stream
- Sponsored Family Visa Stream
- Business Visitor Visa Stream
- Approved Destination Status (ADS) Visa Stream
- Frequent Traveller Visa Stream
Although the documentation for these streams is generally similar, there are some variations depending on the specific streams.
What Are The Eligibility Criteria?
The applicants must have the following in order to qualify for a Visitor Visa:
- The identity of the applicant must be proven.
- A genuine intention to stay temporarily must be shown
- Show proof of financial capability covering the entire stay
What Are The Essential Documents?
The following is a set of standard documents required from the applicant:
- Passport and other proofs of identity
- Evidence pertaining to ties to the home country (for example: letter of employment contracts, educational documents, etc.)
- Financial records (Bank statements, payment slips, etc.)
- Details of the planned trip (letters of invitation, flight tickets, itinerary, emails, etc.)
It’s necessary to point out that the exact set of documents may be different based on the visa stream you opt for and the purpose of your visit. Each family member needs to apply separately, as the visa doesn’t allow dependents.
Was this blog helpful? Sign up for our newsletter, and you can stay updated on the latest Australian immigration news.