Latest Changes in the Canadian Post Graduate Work Permit (PGWP) 2023.
The Canadian Government has announced an extension to the policy changes to the current eligibility requirements of PGWP. If you want to study in Canada and work there after graduation, read this blog to find out more details.
The temporary changes will be put into force until August 31, 2023, and will have different effects on students depending on the time they started or will start their program.
In order to be eligible, you have to meet any of the following requirements:
- submitted an application for a study permit before beginning your program that was eventually approved
- Have been approved for a study permit
- Hold a study permit
The following are some important things you must note if you meet the eligibility requirements and have started or are going to start a program that falls under the PGWP in Fall 2022, Winter 2023, or May 2023.
- you must complete at least 50 percent of the program in Canada.
- Your classes in Canada may be conducted online and/or in Seneca’s flexible, hybrid or in-person format and you must meet all the other PGWP requirements.
- If your program has courses that need in-class learning activities, for instance, hybrid or in-person delivery, you must be in Canada and go to campus for your classes; check your program delivery to confirm.
- If you need to study from your home country in a specific condition, please ensure your courses are offered in an online or flexible format. It is essential to consider this when building your timetable as your courses may not be available in other delivery formats after the start of classes
- After Sept. 1, 2023, any study time you complete abroad will be deducted from the length of your PGWP
Following are additional important things that you need to note:
If your program begins in January 2023 and you are completing the first semester of a two-semester or one-year program eligible for PGWP from outside Canada, you have to complete your final semester in May 2023 Term in Canada to meet the requirement of 50 percent of your program to be completed in Canada.
This is also applicable to students in bundled graduate certificates completing two, one-year graduate certificate programs in consecutive years. If you want to start your first or second graduate certificate in January 2023 from outside Canada, you have to complete your final semester in the Summer of May 2023 Term in Canada to meet the 50 percent requirement of your program to be completed in Canada. The Canadian Government does not consider bundled graduate certificates to be a two-year program, but two separate one-year programs for the purpose of immigration and PGWP.
This is the end of today’s blog update. We hope you found this blog useful. Please don’t forget to support us by subscribing to our newsletter and sharing this blog with your friends and family on Facebook, Whatsapp, and Twitter.
- Canada Farm Worker Visa Requirements – Seasonal Visa Jobs 2023
- TOP CTRENDS IN THE IN 2023 CANADA IMMIGRATION UPDATES YOU
- 359 Occupations Eligible For Canada’s Skilled Worker Program Canada Immigration
- 10 Most In-Demand Jobs In Manitoba For Newcomers In Canada
- Top 5 Highest Paying Part Time Jobs In Canada