Canada’s Federal Skilled Worker Program is now accepting applications for payroll administrators and other major roles. IRCC has included 16 new jobs in the eligible occupations list. In this blog, you will find out the eligibility criteria and other information about the payroll administrator job role in Canada.
Job Roles and NOC Codes
The following are job roles and their respective NOC codes.
- NOC Code Occupations
- NOC 13102 Payroll administrators
- NOC 33100 Dental assistants and dental laboratory assistants
- NOC 33102 Nurse aides, orderlies, and patient service associates
- NOC 33103 Pharmacy technical assistants and pharmacy assistants
- NOC 43100 Elementary and secondary school teacher assistants
- NOC 43200 Sheriffs and bailiffs
- NOC 43201 Correctional service officers
- NOC 43202 By-law enforcement and other regulatory officers
- NOC 63211 Estheticians, electrologists, and related occupations
- NOC 73200 Residential and commercial installers and servicers
- NOC 73202 Pest controllers and fumigators
- NOC 73209 Other repairers and servicers
- NOC 73300 Transport truck drivers
- NOC 73301 Bus drivers, subway operators, and other transit operators
- NOC 73400 Heavy equipment operators
- NOC 93200 Aircraft assemblers and aircraft assembly inspectors
Duties of Payroll Administrators
As a Payroll Administrator, you have to do the following job duties.
- Cutting paychecks
- Collecting and verifying payroll information
- Managing employee benefits
- Maintaining accurate payroll information
Canadian Companies Need Skilled and Expert Payroll Administrators
Canadian employers are looking for payroll administrators and the demand for the role is very high. According to the Government, nearly 683 payroll administrators were needed in the country in December 2022. The Canadian Payroll Association includes 40,000 members who offer the following services:
- Government advocacy initiatives
- Member Services
Eligibility to Apply Under FSW
Candidates who are looking to apply for a PR visa under Express Entry’s Federal Skilled Worker program need to have a minimum experience of one year in the last decade in the jobs available in the TEER 0, 1, 2, or 3 categories of the NOC 2021 system.
Applicants also have to undergo a language proficiency exam in order to prove their following skills:
A CLB 7 score is required in all the categories in order to pass the exam.
This is the end of today’s blog update. We hope you found this blog useful. Please don’t forget to support us by subscribing to our newsletter and sharing this blog with your friends and family on Facebook, Whatsapp, and Twitter.