CLICK HERE to Register your Business with Us

final 01
maxresdefault 23

Canada Visa Refused? Here are your next steps! Options after Canada Visa Refusal in 2023

What Can You Do After Canada Visa Refusal?

Do you think your immigration application was wrongfully rejected? If yes, you can question the refusal.

It is frustrating to find out that your temporary or permanent residency application for Canadian immigration has been rejected, but you can question the decision.

The decision to reject an application by a Canadian immigration officer can be challenged if it is unreasonable in light of the facts that are available.

You can challenge decisions regarding your application taken by Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada or IRCC in front of the Federal Court, which will first determine if your case requires a hearing or puts a question mark on the law. This includes a rejected application for a work or study permit even though there is enough evidence to confirm its approval.

You can also challenge a refused application for permanent residence before the Immigration Appeal Division, for example, if the case is of rejected sponsorships. Rejected skilled worker applications and permanent residency applications can be challenged in Federal Court.

You can also hire a Canadian immigration lawyer, if required in your specific situation, to help you submit a reconsideration letter.

If an error has been made and the refusal of your application does not align with the rules of procedural fairness, an immigration lawyer can write to the program manager of the Canadian Visa Office to identify the errors and request a reconsideration.

Moreover, in case you get a negative response or no response at all, your lawyer can help with the appropriate legal proceedings, provided your case is worth fighting for.

Disputes involving applications rejected by IRCC at the Federal level are normally settled before the Federal Court or the Immigration Appeal Division.

In case an application for permanent immigration is rejected by Quebec’s immigration department, also known as MIFI, short for Ministry of Immigration Frenchisation and Integration, it can be presented before the Superior Court of Quebec.

This is the end of today’s blog update. We hope you found this blog useful. Please don’t forget to support us by subscribing to our newsletter and sharing this blog with your friends and family on Facebook, Whatsapp, and Twitter.

Recent Posts:


Related Posts

Leave a Comment

Stay in the loop and never miss a beat - subscribe to our newsletter now!



11.2K Members

Join Our Group


Follow on Facebook


Follow on Twitter


Follow on LinkedIn

350K+ Subscribers

Subscribe on Youtube


Follow on Instagram


Have a Question?

Let us know about your queries by leaving us a message.