What are the accepted methods to show English proficiency for a UK visa application?
How To Prove Your English Proficiency For UK Visa
Are you applying for a UK visa application? Then this blog is for you. Find out abou the English language proficiency requirements for UK visa applicants.
Apart from fulfilling several requirements under the UK immigration system, applicants are usually required to prove their proficiency in English if they are willing to immigrate to the UK. Let’s look over how you can demonstrate proficiency in the English language for a UK visa application.
There are multiple ways you can prove your knowledge of English if you are applying for a UK visa. You will be able to fulfill the criteria in the following ways:
- You are a national of a country where English language is spoken in majority,
- You have successfully passed your Secure English Language Test (SELT) within the appropriate level for your desired visa category,
- You have an academic qualification that were taught in English and recognised by ECCTIS and is similar to a bachelor’s, master’s, or PhD degree in the UK,
- If you have successfully met the same level requirements during the previous UK visa application.
- Skilled Worker Visa
- If you have applied for a Skilled Worker Visa, your requirements will differ from those discussed earlier.
- Let’s figure out the requirements that you must fulfill for the Skilled Worker Visa.
- You will be required to provide evidence of your skills in reading, speaking, writing, and understanding English at a minimum of level B1 on the CEFR scale. You can prove your level of English by meeting the requirements mentioned before. However, you can also meet the needs as long as:
- You have A levels, GCSE, Scottish Higher, Scottish National Qualification level 4 or 5, or Advanced Higher in English achieved while studying in a UK school when aged under 18 or,
- By profession, you are a doctor, dentist, nurse, veterinarian, or midwife and have already passed the English Language assessment that an applicable regulated professional body has approved.
- Dependant applicants will be exempt from proving their proficiency in English if they apply through the skilled worker route. However, dependant partners must meet the English language requirements if they wish to apply for settlement after residing over five years consecutively in the UK.
This is the end of today’s blog update. We hope you found this blog useful. Please don’t forget to support us by subscribing to our newsletter and sharing this blog with your friends and family on Facebook, Whatsapp, and Twitter.
2 thoughts on “What are the accepted methods to show English proficiency for a UK visa application?”