The new year brings a new update to the UK Youth Mobility Scheme (YMS). This scheme is a great pathway for youngsters from certain countries to gain work and life experience in the UK. Let us find out what the new update entails for such young individuals.
** Check latest UK Visa Application Fees with V&I UK Visa Application Fees Calculator for free.
** Willing to migrate to UK? V&I will guide you in step by step process.
Key Changes in the Youth Mobility Scheme
- The YMS scheme will now welcome 500 nationals from Uruguay, which is the first South American country to become a part of the scheme.
- The usual age limit of 18-30 is now extended to 18-35 for Canadian, Australian, and South Korean nationals.
- An additional year of extension is now possible for Canadians and Australians. This means they now get the opportunity to remain in the UK for up to 3 years.
- South Korean and Japanese nationals will no longer be required to enter a ballot for application as the number of allocated places has increased. For instance, the number of slots for Japanese applicants will increase from 1,500 to 6,000.
- An invitation to apply will no longer be required for citizens of Japan and South Korea.
- Andorra, too, will be joining the YMS family, as expected. A number of 100 nationals in the age range of 18-30 will be permitted to live and work in the UK.
** Want to work in UK? V&I is here to help you.
This scheme is a great initiative from the UK to foster global connections while offering opportunities and encouragement for youngsters across the globe to contribute to and explore the UK.
Was this blog helpful? To stay updated on the latest UK immigration news and updates, sign up for our newsletter today!