The Most In-Demand Jobs In Australia For Immigrants
The Skills Priority List (SPL) provided by the National Skills Commission, the predecessor of Jobs and Skills Australia, discussed the effects of Australia’s tight labour market. According to the SPL: Key Findings Report, the occupations facing severe shortages increased from 19% in 2021 to 31% in 2022.
Many occupations are going through significant skills shortages. However, many notable professions in the labour market, including care workers and digital and data experts, face far greater shortages than others. What’s important to note here is that the SPL gives a predicted assessment of occupations in shortage. As a result, using the SPL with reports provided by Jobs and Skills Australia, such as five-year employment projections and job vacancies, we can estimate the primary skills requirements of the country’s economy.
The list of the top 20 occupations with high demand in Australia for immigrants that we will share with you was made using the following.
- National SPL skills shortage ratings 2022
- Estimated growth in national employment in the next five years until November 2026
- Job vacancies data from the IVI, which is the monthly average of job vacancies on the internet in the three months from October to December 2022.
Plus, the order of the list we are about to look at follows the number of vacancies each occupation has online.
Top 20 In-Demand Jobs In Australia For Immigrants
Here’s a list of the most in-demand jobs in Australia for immigrants;
- Registered Nurses
- Software and Applications Programmers
- Aged and Disabled Carers
- Child Carers
- Construction Managers
- Motor Mechanics
- Retail Managers
- Generalist Medical Practitioners
- Metal Fitters and Machinists
- ICT Business and Systems Analysts
- Civil Engineering Professionals
- Early Childhood (Pre-primary School) Teachers
- Contract, Program and Project Administrators
- Advertising and Marketing Professionals
- Mining Engineers
- Database and Systems Administrators and ICT Security Specialists
We hope you found this information helpful. Follow our blogs for the latest updates and informative content on Australian immigration.
For More Blogs:
- Skills Priority List Reveals Staggering Labour Shortages
- Home Affairs Sneaks In A Surprising Visa Change For Skilled International Workers
- Australia Announces A New Visa For Immigration
- Pathways To Permanent Residence For Student Visa Holders
- How To Apply For The Australian Federal National Police Check?