New Update on UK Skilled Worker Salary Threshold
Hello everyone! Welcome back to another blog. Are you wondering about the latest updates for UK’s skilled workers? Then today’s blog is just for you.
But first, make sure to subscribe to our newsletter, if you haven’t already to stay updated on the latest UK immigration news.
New General Salary Threshold in the UK
The general salary threshold has got a small boost from £25,600 to £26,200. If you’re wondering what’s the lowest salary you can earn if you’re paid less than the salary threshold, it’s £20,960. This is a slight increment from £20,480.
Are You The Skilled Worker UK’s Looking For?
The UK offers a points-based system which grants a route for skilled workers like you. But, you must have a job offer from an approved employer sponsor and must tick the following boxes:
- Your job offer should be at a skill level of RQF3 or above. (equivalent to A level)
- Able to speak English
- Sponsor must pay the relevant salary threshold (It should be the new general threshold of £26,200 or whatever’s the norm for your specific job – whichever’s higher
What if you’re earning less than this amount but not less than £20,960? You could still be eligible to apply by ‘trading’ your points on certain characteristics against your salary.
For instance, you could have a PhD relevant to your job or hold a job offer in a field with an occupation shortage.
You can find more details on the points system by following the link in the description box below. https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/uk-points-based-immigration-system-further-details-statement
Just a heads up – there’s no route in general for employers to hire workers at or near the minimum wage.
To all the employers out there, if you’re not yet a licensed sponsor but want to sponsor migrants through this skilled worker route? Then, go ahead and apply now!
That’s a wrap from us for today. If you found this blog helpful, share it on Facebook, WhatsApp, and Twitter. Thanks for reading.
- Bas Javid’s New Direction For UK Immigration Enforcement
- UK and Turkey Join Forces to Combat Irregular Migration
- New Task Force Announced: UK Government Targets Immigration Fraud
- Petition Against New UK Law Curbing Student Visa Conversion
- UK Immigration Update For August Week 2