Good News! Bus Drivers Are Now Eligible for Canadian Immigration
The Federal Skilled Worker or FSW program for Canadian immigration under the Express Entry system is now open to bus drivers. This change to the FSW program occurred on 16 Nov last year as 16 new jobs were added to the list of eligible occupations under this program by Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada, also known as IRCC.
The number of eligible occupations for the FSW was increased on the same day when the National Occupational Classification or NOC 2021 became effective.
What’s important to note here is that all the newly added jobs require workers to first get a college diploma, training of fewer than two years under a mentor, or training of more than six months on a job.
Here’s a list of jobs that were recently added to the list of eligible occupations under the FSW program;
- NOC 13102 Payroll administrators
- NOC 33100 Dental assistants and dental laboratory assistants
- NOC 33102 Nurse aides, orderlies, and patient service associates
- NOC 33103 Pharmacy technical assistants and pharmacy assistants
- NOC 43100 Elementary and secondary school teacher assistants
- NOC 43200 Sheriffs and bailiffs
- NOC 43201 Correctional service officers
- NOC 43202 By-law enforcement and other regulatory officers
- NOC 63211 Estheticians, electrologists, and related occupations
- NOC 73200 Residential and commercial installers and servicers
- NOC 73202 Pest controllers and fumigators
- NOC 73209 Other repairers and servicers
- NOC 73300 Transport truck drivers
- NOC 73301 Bus drivers, subway operators and other transit operators
- NOC 73400 Heavy equipment operators
- NOC 93200 Aircraft assemblers and aircraft assembly inspectors
Bus drivers, including the ones who operate different motor coaches and school buses, are included in the National Occupational Classification or NOC 2021 system as per code 73301. Moreover, the demand for such bus drivers is pretty high as various school districts in Canada need them to drive buses to ensure students can safely travel to school.
This is the end of today’s blog update. We hope you found this blog useful. Please don’t forget to support us by subscribing to our newsletter and sharing this blog with your friends and family on Facebook, Whatsapp, and Twitter.