Canadian Immigration for Electricians | Steps Explained
This blog lays out the steps that electricians around the world need to follow while applying for Canadian immigration. So let’s start;
You need to sign up for your Express Entry profile. What you must understand is that this is where the calculation of your Comprehensive Ranking System or CRS score for Canadian immigration begins. After creating your profile, you have to wait to get an invitation to submit an application for permanent residency. The following details of an applicant are considered while awarding CRS points;
- Work Experience
- Partner’s skills
Plus, an applicant’s proficiency in English or French is also assessed.
After getting an invitation to apply, also known as ITA, you are going to have sixty days to begin the process of your Express Entry application. It is advisable to have your skills and points verified before starting your application process. This is because you cannot go through the verification process after getting an invitation to apply for Canadian immigration. It is important to do everything correctly from the beginning since your Express Entry profile remains valid for only a year.
For those who don’t know, a skills assessment is the process that verifies your skills as an electrician, along with your qualifications and work experience. It has the following two purposes;
- A) A positive skills assessment makes you eligible for the requisite points required for the Express Entry CRS and proves helpful in submitting your application under the Federal Skilled Trades program.
- B) Having a positive skills assessment gives you a Red Seal qualification, qualifying you to work as an electrician in Canada from the first day.
Best Programs for Canadian Immigration
On number 1, we have
Federal Skilled Trades Program
The minimum requirements for the Federal Skilled Trade Program are as follows;
- You should possess proficiency in either English or French.
- You need two years of work experience, at minimum.
- Then, you have to fulfill the National Occupation Code or NOC job requirements for your particular trade.
- Moreover, you will need a valid job offer, along with a qualification certificate from a federal authority, territory, or province.
This is one of three federal programs that fall under the Express Entry system. They are designed to fast-track the applications of migrants, making it easier for them to come to Canada. It takes about six months for your visa to get processed.
Provincial Nominee Program
The Provincial Nominee Program is for experienced, semi-skilled applicants. These are individuals with job offers from Canada but were unable to pass the screening of the Express Entry system. Such applicants are eligible to work in a specific province for a specific employer for as long as their visa remains valid.
A benefit offered by the PNP programs is that there are Express Entry streams in some of them. They allow Canadian provinces to pick an applicant’s profile out of draw pools, which happens every two weeks. A provincial nomination boosts your core points by an additional 600 CRS points. For instance, if someone’s core points are 600 and they get an extra 600 points, their total CRS points will be 1200.
This is the end of today’s blog update. We hope you found this blog useful. Please don’t forget to support us by subscribing to our newsletter and sharing this blog with your friends and family on Facebook, Whatsapp, and Twitter.
- How To Apply For A Canadian Study Permit ~ Application
- Spouse Visa Updates 2023 | Processing Time | Open Work
- Canada PR For Undocumented Construction Workers ~ Undocumented Workers In
- Immigrate To Canada As An Electrician In 2023 ~ Electricians
- Backlog In Canada Immigration January 2023 Updates