A Golden Opportunity For Engineers – Australia 476 Work Visa
Subclass 476 work visa presents a golden opportunity to engineering students seeking employment in Australia. This is a temporary visa with a validity of 18 months. Plus, the applicants are not supposed to have a job offer or any previous work experience. Needless to say, it is a great option for professionals to look for jobs in their field in Australia.
Who is Eligible To Apply?
The 476 work visa is specifically developed for engineering students, especially fresh graduates or students who graduated in the last two years. Postgraduate Diploma, Bachelor’s, Doctoral, and Master’s Degree holders can all apply for this visa. Most importantly, applicants are required to have a qualification in an engineering program, like Chemical, Electrical, Structural, Civil, Environmental, Production and Plant, Mechanical, or Mining.
- Applicants should be below the age of 31 years.
- Applicants don’t require a job offer to apply, allowing them to start looking for one after arriving in Australia.
- Applicants need an IELTS score of at least 6 with a minimum score of 5 in every component.
Luckily, citizens of the United States of America, the United Kingdom, New Zealand, the Republic of Ireland, and Canada are not bound to prove their English language proficiency to apply for this visa.
Visa Cost and Validity
The 476 work visa is available for AUD 425, and applicants don’t have to provide a bank statement. As mentioned earlier, you can use this visa to stay in Australia for up to 18 months. However, you are allowed to seek an extension or convert your visa if the current one expires, and your prospects of succeeding at your existing job are favourable enough.
- How The 8607 Visa Condition Affects 482 Visa Holders
- Permanent Residency Pathway For TSS Subclass 482 Visa Holders
- Australian Work Visa Options For People Aged Over 45
- Employers Can Now Sponsor Overseas Aged Care Workers In Australia
- Australian Government Discloses New Info About The TSMIT Increase
How Can You Apply?
You can submit an online application via the Australian immigration website after gathering all the necessary documents. Following the submission of your application, you’ll have to provide biometrics, pay the visa application charges, go through a medical exam, and wait for the authorities to finalize a decision.
To sum it all up, Subclass 476 Work Visa is an ideal way for engineering graduates to acquire overseas work experience while establishing a fruitful, long career in Australia.
We hope you found this information helpful. Follow our blogs for the latest updates and informative content on Australian immigration.