A Comprehensive Guide For A Canadian Open Work Permit
Canada is undoubtedly one of the best countries in terms of the quality of life it offers. Perhaps, that’s why so many people migrate to Canada every year.
Today, we will talk about how you can swiftly migrate to Canada and fulfill your wishes to build a better life for yourself and your family. For starters, you need a Canadian work permit to seek employment in Canada. Plus, you need a visa that’s granted along with a work permit to enable you to start a job in Canada by following standard guidelines and laws.
Canada offers a wide range of work permits to migrant workers. However, an open work permit is the most sought-after document among international workers in Canada.
Requirements For An Open Work Permit To Work In Canada
You can easily go on to apply for an open work permit to seek employment in Canada if you fall into any of the following categories;
- You are an overseas student with graduation from a Designated Learning Institution eligible for the Post-Graduation Work Permit Program.
- You are a destitute student, which means you can no longer bear the costs of your education.
- You are an employer-specific work permit holder who is facing abuse at your current job in Canada.
- You have applied for Canadian permanent residency.
- You are a dependent family member of a permanent residence applicant.
- You are the common-law partner, dependent child, or spouse of a high or low-skilled worker.
- You are the common-law partner or spouse of an overseas student.
- You are the common-law partner or spouse of an individual who has applied for the Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program.
- You are a refugee or asylum seeker or a family member of a refugee or asylum seeker.
- You face an unenforceable removal order.
- You have a temporary resident permit.
- You are a young worker taking part in a special program.
Once you identify the category you fall in, the next step is to ensure you fulfill the remaining conditions of an open work permit.
For instance, you need to submit proof that you will exit Canada once your work permit’s validity ends. Moreover, you have to prove your capability of managing your finances while living in Canada. You also need to show you have sufficient money for a return ticket to your home country.
In addition to the requirements mentioned earlier, you must prove your criminal record is clean and that you don’t pose any threat to Canada’s national security. Most importantly, you need to give proof of your optimal medical health and follow all the conditions of your open work permit.
Lastly, you must prove you will not indulge in illegal professions in Canada, such as escort services.
We hope you found this information helpful. Follow our blogs for the latest updates and informative content on Canadian immigration.
3 thoughts on “A Comprehensive Guide For A Canadian Open Work Permit”