Skilled Workers in Luck With Australia’s Skilled Migration Programme
Are you a skilled worker thinking about moving to Australia? In today’s blog we bring you some hot tips on Australia’s Skilled Migration Program.
Must-Know Details of the Australia’s Skilled Migration Programme
The skilled migrant workforce of Australia has played a big hand in developing the country. Which is why the government is persistent on attracting skilled individuals to fill the gap of the ongoing workforce shortage.
Australia’s Latest Immigration Quota
As of May 9, 2023, Australia has 137,100 places available for skilled migrants. That’s like 72% of their entire Migration Programme.
The government has also come up with the 2023-24 permanent Migration Programme. This is to attract individuals like you with a special skillset that’s unavailable or unable to develop in Australia.
Are you in healthcare, teaching or construction? Then, you’re in luck. Australia’s Prime Minister Anthony Albanese have stated that the country is facing a critical shortage in the following occupations.
– Early childhood teachers
– ICT (information and communications technology)
– Child carers
– Software and applications programmers
– Civil engineering professionals
– Age and disability carers
– Construction managers
– Registered nurses
How Can You Apply For an Australian Skilled Visa?
According to the current system, skilled individuals are offered a range of visas. These visas don’t require employer sponsorship.
– Subclass 190 – Skilled Nominated visa: This State-nominated visa permits skilled workers to live and work in the state that has extended the invitation.
– Subclass 189 – Skilled Independent visa: This visa allows skilled workers to live and work anywhere in Australia.
– Subclass 491 – Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) visa: This allows skilled workers to live and work in regional Australia.
If you’re interested on any of these visas, you must first submit an Expression of Interest (EOI). Depending on your skills and your score on the points system, the Australian government could invite you to apply for a visa.
A few pointers that you must remember before applying is that, to be eligible to apply, you must meet a few requirements. These are:
- You should be under 45 years of age
- You must’ve worked in a skilled occupation
- You must pass an English test
So, If you meet this requirements, then you’ve got the chance to call Australia your home.
That’s all from us for today. Keep following this space to read more on Australian immigration.
- Is Australia’s 408 COVID Visa A Solution Or A Problem?
- Australia’s 2-Year Visa Opportunity for Culinary Students!
- How much it costs to get a ‘golden visa’ in Australia
- Migrant Workers On Temporary Visas Need Fair Working Conditions
- Great News! Australian Visa Processing Times Are Now Shorter