More ITAs Issued in Latest Express Entry Draw
On September 14, the Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) held the 6th round of Canada’s Express Entry draw. The immigration agency issued around 3,250 invitations to apply (ITA) in this draw. Looking at the past three months, this was the highest.
So What Are The Key Takeaways In This Latest Express Entry Draw?
- An increment of 500 more ITAs than the previous time
- The number of prospects receiving ITAs rose by 250 with each draw until the draw held on August 31. A total of 2,750 ITAs were issued in the last Express Entry Draw.
- According to a CIC report, the cap for CRS (Comprehensive Ranking System) was 511
- The minimum CRS score was gradually dropping by 8 or 9 points every draw. However, the recent draw only witnessed a 5-point drop.
- The draw issued invitations collectively for prospects of the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP), Canadian Experience Class (CEC), and Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP)
- Since December 2020, for over 18 months, the IRCC halted all-program Express Entry draws. At this period, only eligible prospects for permanent residence through the CEC or the Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) were invited to apply. Regardless, in September 2021, CEC draws were also paused.
Canada has received 40,785 immigrants via Express Entry this year. If immigration persists at its current pace, Canada could surpass the 2022 Immigration Levels Plan target of almost 432,000.
What Other Changes Can We Expect?
IRCC has declared that they would probably present monumental changes to the Express Entry draw in 2023. This would aid them in issuing ITAs targeting people with specific education, work experience, or language proficiency groups considered suitable to support Canada’s economy and labour force.
If such an action is implemented, it could imply that CRS scores would become less crucial in some future draws.
This is the end of today’s blog update. We hope you found this blog useful. Please don’t forget to support us by subscribing to our newsletter and sharing this blog with your friends and family on Facebook, Whatsapp, and Twitter.
2 thoughts on “More ITAs Issued in Latest Express Entry Draw”