CLICK HERE to Register your Business with Us

final 01
Australian Visa options for people who are over the age of 45! Australia PR 2024

Permanent Residency to Australia for those over 45 years?

In today’s blog update, we’ll discuss the details of how to get PR to Australia for those individuals who are over the age of 45. Please keep in mind that there are several ways you can get PR if you are over the age of 45, however, in today’s blog we will discuss only one pathway as you can find the other in previous blogs and videos on our YouTube channel.

Visas that allow you to gain PR above the age of 45 include:

The first is DAMA Visas. In this visa, you can get an employer-sponsored visa in special regional areas up to the age of 55.

Or via standard 482 Employer Sponsored Visas (Subclass 482) – under select circumstances

Yes, you can get PR anywhere in Australia on a standard 482 visa if you are over the age of 45. However, there is a catch. If you are over the age of 45 and desire to get Permanent Residency on a standard 482 Employer-Sponsored Visa, you must make an income above the high-income threshold. You can then access Permanent Residency via the 186 Temporary Resident Transition Stream.


Please keep in mind that applicants usually cannot access PR if they are above the age of 45. On the other hand, there is an exception via the 186 Temporary Residence Transition stream if you:

  • have been hired by their nominating employer in their nominated occupation at all times throughout the two years on a 482 visa directly before applying; and
  • Had yearly earnings for each of the three years, that were equal to or greater than the Fair Work High Income Threshold (FWHIT) that applied at the end of that year

970 × 90 px 1

How much is the high-income limit? From July 1, 2023, the High Income Threshold is 167,500 Australian Dollars. Please note, that this will generally increase on yearly basis with inflation. As a result, if you are on a 482 visa and are above 45 years of age, you can still get Permanent residency if you earn above this amount.

What if I don’t earn above this amount?

Please keep in mind that if you are not earning the required amount then you will need to look at other visa options which include parent, partner, or DAMA visas.

Our blog ends here. If you found this blog useful then please share this blog with your friends and family on Facebook, WhatsApp, and Twitter. Thanks for reading out today’s blog.


Related Posts

Leave a Comment

Stay in the loop and never miss a beat - subscribe to our newsletter now!



11.2K Members

Join Our Group


Follow on Facebook


Follow on Twitter


Follow on LinkedIn

350K+ Subscribers

Subscribe on Youtube


Follow on Instagram


Have a Question?

Let us know about your queries by leaving us a message.