IRCC Adopts A New Process To Attract Skilled & Experienced Overseas Workers
Did you know that Canadian Immigration Minister Sean Fraser introduced the category-based selection for Express Entry on 31 May? This step aims to deal with the changing economic and labour market needs of Canada.
What’s interesting to note here is that Express Entry is a flagship application management system of Canada for migrants interested in migrating permanently via the Canadian Experience Class, the Federal Skilled Trades Program, the Provincial Nominee Program, and the Federal Skilled Worker Program.
How Does The New System Work?
With the category-based selection, Canada can send invitations to apply to specific prospective permanent residents who have a special set of skills, proficiency in a language, or training. More details about the invitations for all the categories and the application process will be announced to the public soon. So, keep following us to stay updated with the latest information.
Interestingly, category-based selection invitations will look at candidates who possess the following skills or attributes;
- Proficiency in the French language
- Experience working in the healthcare sector
- Experience working in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) occupations
- Experience working in trades, including contractors, plumbers, and carpenters
- Experience working in agriculture and agri-food, as well as transport.
It seems that IRCC is inclined toward promoting Francophone communities. Moreover, the Government of Canada is adamant about ensuring French people in Canada can keep living their life freely while speaking any language they want.
- Canada Introduces New Permanent Residency Pathway For International Skilled Workers
- IRCC Announces Category-Based Selection Draws For Express Entry Participants
- Dental Assistants Can Now Immigrate To Canada Through Express Entry
- Canadian Employers Adopt An Advanced Method Of Hiring
- A Comprehensive Guide For A Canadian Open Work Permit
The Expected Outcomes Of The Category-Based Selection Criteria
Category-based selection aims to tweak the Express Entry system to fulfill the changing labour market and economic needs of Canada. Furthermore, it will make use of the high human capital approach that has run Canada’s successful economic immigration system effectively for a long time.
All of this ultimately focuses on attracting and recruiting skilled workers whose contributions can prove significantly beneficial to Canada in the future.
We hope you found this information helpful. Follow our blogs for the latest updates and informative content on Canadian immigration.