Australian Student Visa Subclass 500: Eligibility & Requirements
The student visa subclass 500 allows international students to pursue education in Australia. These study visas have a validity period of 5 years. Don’t forget the duration of stay granted to a student depends on the course the applicant chooses to study.
Now, let’s take a look at the eligibility criteria of the student visa subclass 500;
- A student must enroll in an education program in Australia
- The applicant must have Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC). Those who don’t are counted into an exemption category.
- The applicant must be aged 6 years old or above
- An applicant below the age of 18 years must give proof of their welfare arrangement.
Apart from the requirements mentioned earlier, applicants have to fulfill other conditions that are pretty common with other visa applications. These include;
- Fulfill English language requirements
- Fulfill health requirements
- Sign the Australian values statement
- Have sufficient health insurance
- Fulfill character requirements
- Have sufficient money to manage various finances during their stay
- Have returned any outstanding debt to Australia (Although this depends on the applicant’s personal circumstances.
- The applicant must not have had any Australian visa refused or cancelled in the past.
Study visa holders were allowed to work a maxim of 20 hours a week before Covid 19. However, these working restrictions were eased during the pandemic until 30th June 2023. This means working restrictions will again be 48 hours per fortnight from 1 July 2023.
We hope you found this information helpful. Follow our blogs for the latest updates and informative content on Australian immigration.
You May Also Read:
- Australia Announces The Easiest Pathway To Citizenship
- Australian Universities Ban International Students Following A Rise In Visa Fraud
- Australian Universities Crackdown On Fraudulent Student Visa Applications
- Do This If Your Australian Citizenship Application Is Rejected
- Australia Unexpectedly Approves Pending Student Visa Applications