Tech Talent Strategy: Canada Invites 10,000 H-1B Visa Holders
Did you know the Government of Canada introduced new measures for H-1B visa holders as part of its Tech Talent Strategy (TTS)?
Under the Tech Talent Strategy, H-1B specialty visa holders living in the US will become eligible to apply to enter Canada, along with their immediate family members, from 16 July 2023. Moreover, approved applicants will be issued an open work permit with a validity of 3 years, allowing them to seek employment for any Canadian employer without restrictions.
The dependents and spouses of approved applicants will be able to apply for a temporary resident visa, including either a study or work permit.
This newly announced measure is expected to remain effective for a year or the time when IRCC gets 10,000 applications. The application cap is only applicable to principal applicants, excluding their accompanying family members.
We hope you found this information helpful. Follow our blogs for the latest updates and informative content on Canadian immigration.
- Reasons For Canada’s Popularity Among International Students
- Sponsorship Agreement Holders Permitted To Sponsor More Refugees
- Canada To Allow Applicants To Skip The Citizenship Oath-Taking Ceremony
- Canada Opens Doors To Tech Talent From Around The World
- Canada Wants You: 6 New Immigration Measures For Tech Experts