CLICK HERE to Register your Business with Us

final 01
What You Need To Know About EB 2 And EB 3 Visas Part 1

What You Need To Know About EB-2 And EB-3 Visas – Part 1

The Employment-Based green card categories are of two kinds, the EB-2 and EB-3. The United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) issues these visas to foreign nationals based on their professional skills, degrees, and native country. Before choosing the best option for you, it is better to look at the different options available.


What Are EB-2 and EB-3 Visas?

EB-2 or EB-3 green cards allow highly-skilled workers and professionals to permanently live and work in the U.S. through employment.

These individual preference categories were created by the Immigration Act of 1990, which raised the number of legal migrants who can come to the U.S from 500,000 to 700,000 annually. Before this act was passed, the annual number of visas allotted to immigrants was only 54,000. Later, the number rose to 140,000.

The U.S. gives preference to residents who can benefit the society and economy of the country. So, future residents must demonstrate ‘extraordinary ability’ or should be chosen specifically by U.S.-based employers. Candidates deemed to be ‘extraordinary’ include researchers, company managers, highly skilled professors, and other highly talented people with a useful skill set.


Essential Differences in Employment Classification Of EB-2 And EB-3

The main difference between EB-2 and EB-3 is that EB-3 provides more flexibility. The conditions for EB-3 are much more lenient compared to EB-2, which allows more people to be eligible. There are numerous pathways available to outsiders who are looking to come to the U.S. through an employment-based green card. If we look at the number of new applications, EB-2 and EB-3 are the popular options. It is crucial to know the differences between the two.


Difference Between EB2 And EB3

Candidates for EB-2 usually have an advanced Masters or Doctorate degree. On the other hand, the candidates might be qualified without an advanced degree if they have a bachelor’s degree with more than 5 years of experience working in their field.

The conditions to get an EB-3 are less strict. But, oftentimes, the conditions require the applicant to at least have a bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 5 years of experience. This class has three sub-classes: EB-3A, EB-3B, and EB-3C.

If you fall under the category of skilled workers, professionals, or other workers, you might be qualified for one of these immigrant visa preference sub-classes.

  • EB-3A: ‘Skilled workers’ are individuals whose job demands a minimum training or work period of 2 years which should not be of a temporary or seasonal nature.
  • EB-3B: “Professionals” are individuals whose work needs at least a U.S. baccalaureate degree or an equivalent of this degree from foreign institutions. The candidate should be practicing their profession.
  • EB-3C: This ‘other workers’ subclass is for individuals undertaking unskilled labor which requires less than 2 years of training or experience, and is not of a seasonal or temporary nature.


In some instances, candidates can acquire EB-2 and EB-3 green cards without these conditions. However, candidates must know that they are competing with other candidates who have the education and work experiences explained previously.

This is the end of today’s blog update. We hope you found this blog useful. Please don’t forget to support us by subscribing to our newsletter and sharing this blog with your friends and family on Facebook, Whatsapp, and Twitter.

Recent Posts:


Related Posts

Leave a Comment

Stay in the loop and never miss a beat - subscribe to our newsletter now!



11.2K Members

Join Our Group


Follow on Facebook


Follow on Twitter


Follow on LinkedIn

350K+ Subscribers

Subscribe on Youtube


Follow on Instagram


Have a Question?

Let us know about your queries by leaving us a message.