In today’s blog update, we will be talking about UK’s new visa rule. There are possibilities that you can now work in the UK on tourist visa.
Please keep in mind that the United Kingdom will launch changes in its visa rules on 31st January 2024, permitting tourist visa holders to work with clients and work remotely while visiting the UK.
** Check latest UK Visa Application Fees with V&I UK Visa Application Fees Calculator for free.
From 31st January, the United Kingdom will launch noteworthy changes in its visa rules that will increase business activities for individuals having visitor visas. The tourist visa holders would be now permitted to work with clients, and work remotely when visiting the UK. The move is expected to boost business and tourism in the UK.
As per the news sources, The Government of UK has launched an update to its immigration rules, thus allowing more activities on Visitor Visas, while confirming that the new changes will become effective from 31 January, 2024.
** Willing to migrate to UK? V&I will guide you in step by step process.
The details are as follows:
- Those employed by companies with both British and international branches can engage in client work abroad on condition that it establishes a small part of their overseas responsibilities, is crucial for a project or service by their UK branch, and is not openly provided to a UK client by the overseas employer.
- While visitors can work from the UK, remote work must not be the primary motive for their stay.
- Researchers, Scientists, and academics are permitted to conduct research in the UK, except for academics applying for a 12-month visit visa or prolonging permission within the UK.
- Lawyers can engage in supplementary activities such as providing advice, working as an expert witness, participating in legal proceedings, and schooling.
- The Permitted Paid Engagement (PPE) Visitor pathway will be combined into the Standard Visitor route, denoting that those doing paid engagements will not necessitate a separate visa, but they still have to plan the activity within 30 days of arriving.
Recently, the Chancellor of the Exchequer Jeremy Hunt swore that the UK government will expand the business visitor rules to permit businesspeople to involve in a wider range of permitted activities and paid engagements, to take effect from January 2024. The UK government will also look at further improvements to the business visitor rules, during 2024.
Our blog ends here. If you found this update useful then please share I with your friends and family on Facebook, Whatsapp and Twitter. Thanks for visiting us today.