The Home Office is striving to cope with the escalating demand for immigration application-related services, overseeing the rise in the Immigration Health Surcharge and upcoming changes to the Skilled Worker and Partner routes.
** Check the latest UK Visa Application Fees with V&I UK Visa Application Fees Calculator for free.
What Services Are Currently Affected?
Application processing for all immigration applications may be delayed due to a remarkably increased number of applications being under consideration than usual.
** Willing to migrate to UK? V&I will guide you in the step-by-step process.
For the Skilled Worker route, essential services for making an immigration application are affected, which may take up to 18 weeks to process. These services include:
- Sponsor license applications
- Applications for defined Certificates of Sponsorship for Skilled Workers applying for entry clearance from outside the UK
- A significant inability to secure availability of the Worker and Temporary Worker priority change of circumstance service, especially for:
- Requests for additional or annual undefined Certificate of Sponsorship allocations for Skilled Workers applying for permission to stay in the UK
- Requests to make changes to the key personnel on a sponsor license
- Standard sponsor change of circumstances services (this could take a processing time up to 18 weeks)
** Want to work in UK? V&I is here to help you.
For those planning to apply in-country under the Skilled Worker route before their current immigration permission expires, a delay in the availability of a Certificate of Sponsorship is a serious matter. In such cases, individuals’ options should be evaluated individually.
Was this blog helpful? Sign up for our newsletter, to stay updated on the latest UK immigration news.