Do your parents live outside the UK and require your assistance with their daily activities? If yes, they could be eligible applicants for an Adult Dependent Relative Visa.
This visa can be routed towards the permanent settlement of your parents in the UK, provided that you possess permanent residency or citizenship while applying. This blog will discuss the required details that must be fulfilled to be eligible for this visa route.
** Check latest UK Visa Application Fees with V&I UK Visa Application Fees Calculator for free.
Eligibility Criteria to Sponsoring Your Parents
You can sponsor your parents if you meet the following eligibility criteria:
- You must be a blood relative
- A British or Irish citizenship holder, a permanent resident (Settled Status), or having humanitarian protection which enables you to live in the UK permanently
- Capable of supporting your parents financially and physically for at least 5 years
- Over the age of 18 years
** Willing to migrate to UK? V&I will guide you in the step-by-step process.
Eligibility Criteria For Your Parents
Your parents are eligible if at least one of them meets the following eligibility criteria:
- They live independently but cannot carry out their daily household chores due to old age, disability, or illness.
- The required care is unavailable or unaffordable in their country.
It’s noteworthy that if one parent is eligible according to this visa criterion, the other parent will qualify automatically regardless of their health status, provided their relationship exists when they apply.
** Want to work in UK? V&I is here to help you.
Finally, you must prove that you can financially support your parents by demonstrating sufficient accommodation, including the number of bedrooms and enough income and savings to provide for them.
We hope you find this information helpful. Follow our blogs for the latest updates and informative content on UK immigration.